CESD’s distinguishing trait is our commitment to doing research, advocacy and strategic communication from both gender and sustainability...
About This Innovation
What is your innovation's value proposition?:
The infrastructure sector is highly technical environment with a great impact on the daily lives of the citizenry. IVEC serves as a central pool of vendors, connecting business with opportunities. This will enforce a strong monitoring channel for ensuring standard compliance and an army of communal policing strategies to certify vendors. This will significantly reduce the high proliferation of substandard infrastructure inputs, boost professionalism, supplier diversity as well as increase trust in contractors based on previous users’ ratings.
This is an innovation idea still in the concept formation stage.
How does your innovation work?
This innovation works by creating;
1. A registration portal for vendors and consumers.
2. A consumer ratings channel for satisfaction with service rendered by the vendors.
What Evidence do you have that your Innovation works?
Integrity code pin has been successfully used in the pharmaceutical industry in Nigeria. There are existing vendor pool apps that are successful in Nigeria but none of these in the infrastructure industry and so we know it will work
Do you have current users or testers?
What is your strategy for expanding use of your innovation?
1. Collaboration with state and non-state actors.
3. Professional associations involved in the infrastructure development value chain.
4. Feedback mechanisms.
B.Infrastructure value chain.
C.We intend to build a strong database of infrastructure players in the country, with a reliable platform to check standard compliance. IVEC will include a platform for verifying standard compliance through short code USSD service. The long term goal of having a 60/40 balance of gender inclusion among the infrastructure vendors.
The next step includes;
1. Application development.
2. Product registration to form a central pool for quality product.
3. Indexing of the quality products.
4. Creation of USSD short code service to test product in the market with the indexed pool of quality products.
Target results and impact:
The target results and impacts among other things include;
1. A centralised platform to increase business visibility for vendors.
2. The social policing platform will ensure a prior ratings of service delivery level of the potential contractor.